Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yoga and Your Wrists

Yesterday was a lovely little recovery, with Yoga X. Don't go thinking that that means it was easy though. It wasn't! The first 20 minutes were a monster with the plank-downward dog-warrior combos again and again. Those were killing me, although not just because of how difficult they were.

My main problem is my intermittent carpel tunnel syndrome which has been flared up lately (because of too much video editing). How can one do yoga with this kind of a problem? For push-ups, I use push-up handles. But I haven't tried them with yoga. Has anyone had any experience with this before? Any advice would highly appreciated!

The rest of the workout was fantastic and much needed. The held poses for the second part of the workout were challenging without being too painful. And the third part, the stretching, was much needed! Now I feel ready to move on to tackle today's plan, Lower body and Ab ripper again. Hopefully this will give my wrists a break.

3 comments:

mjs said...

Sara...been there with the editing wrists.

have used this once and it worked

http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnrmjoprk

but i have heard great things about these

http://www.wristprotectiongloves.com/

enjoy p90x! its the best. one month left in my second round of it.

Sara said...

Matthew - brilliant! Those gloves look great... thanks for the tip.

mjs said...

word up...tamsen taught me to always leave your brilliant ideas on blog comments.