Sunday, March 25, 2007

Om-Ow-Om-Ow

i do try very hard to clear my mind when i'm doing Yoga X. i do try very hard not to laugh when i'm wobbling uncontrollably in a terribly advanced pose. i do try very hard not to fall in such a way that i will smash something valuable - like my head. i try even harder to jump back into the pose for the remaining time after i've narrowly avoided careening into a wall.

it ain't pretty, but it sticks with me all day. i can feel my muscles just a wee bit stronger, my chest lifted a wee bit higher. can't say i've gotten that from any other yoga i've taken in studio - bikram, hatha or iyengar. but then again, i've never gone for the more advanced classes. i am known for not pushing myself hard enough, this program forces me to take that issue more seriously.

don't expect to see me in studio doing advanced ashtanga, though - one false move and i'd take out about neighboring students like they were a row of harleys.

1 comment:

mjs said...

after nearly dislocating both my shoulders for weeks i finally managed to recently get that insane reach behind your back and under your leg and lock your fingers while staying in that cursed lunge position.

that was a real accomplishment.

i still cant do a toe lock or warrior 3/half moon series with out a chest high pile of yoga blocks.

and my plow sucks like a hooker on fleet week. but after my exhaustive collapse right after yoga i feel that same long and stable strength that you are talking about.

great job tamsen. i am cheering for you.

best,
matthew