Monday, December 10, 2007

P90X Lean - Halfway Point

Well, we've made it half way through the program. Phase II is not really all that different from Phase I, the only difference is the Shoulders & Arms workout got replaced by Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This workout is quite a bit harder for me, because I am not so great with the pushups, but it's good to see that one of the people does them on her knees, so I don't feel so guilty about doing that as well.

The rest of the week is the same: Monday is our day off - and I love it! Tuesday is Core Synergistics, which I am still very fond of: it's challenging enough but satisfying at the same time. Wednesday is Cardio X, which is a bit too easy to me, but I've started supplementing it with a good hard short run beforehand and that really makes a difference.

Thursday and Saturday are the strength workouts, upper body and then Legs and Back, respectively. Friday is Yoga X, which is always daunting with its 40 minutes of Vinyasa in the beginning but ends quite nicely. I usually supplement Fridays with another short run, unless I manage to sneak one in on another day. And then Sunday, which has become Monster Sunday, with my long run or crazy sprint repeats followed by the beloved Kenpo X.

So here we are, halfway through the program, and I have to say, E and I both love it! E's arms and back are looking fantastic and we both feel great!! The nutrition plan has completely gone by the wayside now, and we've just been doing our best to eat a balanced diet, with enough protein, much less saturated fat and a decent amount of carbs.

Yay P90X! Can't wait to see the results photos...

6 comments:

Dave said...

I've enjoyed reading your P90X blog. Good inspiration for me when I chose to do P90X. I started on Day 1 of my P90X workout today. i'm also tracking my results on my Blog

http://warriorfiend.blogspot.com

Good luck.

Dave

Sara said...

Hey Dave, Welcome to Tiny in 90! Glad we provided some inspiration and welcome to the ranks of the P90Xers! Will definitely check out your blog... sara

Anonymous said...

Well Hows Ya'll Doin. I'm going t o make this quick. I find it hilarious to see all the comments about how the system is taking u all out like puny men and women mwuahahah...but I have to say..that I'm loving it because one day I'd like that exact feeling. Yeah I like my workouts brutal, so you guys have made me happy. I've been waiting to look up some results of people and you guys have provided the awesomest of responses to the program. One thing bothers me, tho. Every time I see a commercial or some weight loss thing or from a workout, i never see what I'm looking for and I'm surprised I haven't seen it on the blog's either. Can anyone help me out? Last year I lost about 30 pounds ding exercises over the summer--I'd say maybe 35 pounds. And I wanted to keep going. Don't know what happened but a few whoppers w/cheese later i was fat man again. I'm still fit and fast because I tend to do a little working out here and there..it's just that I haven't had much time to exercise and was wondering if anyone could answer my question. Just roughly, ho much weight can one lose in the time frame given in the aforementioned title.

Sara said...

Hey there, anonymous :)
P90X hasn't taken me out yet - haha! As for how much weight one can expect to lose doing it, I would say that in general, you shouldn't really lose more than 1-2 lbs per week (that is what is generally considered healthy)and sustainable. P90X workouts alone aren't really going to do that for you. Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, and these workouts are definitely going to increase your muscle mass. So make sure you're taking all of this into account as you evaluate your progress! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

To everyone doing this P90X program and regretting/thinking it's too much and is thinking of giving up.

JUST STAY WITH IT... I sat and i sat and i sat. I watched the commercials and said "this can't be right. Look at the way they're lighting everybody, OF COURSE they look ripped. Then the more i thought about the program and the more i saw the commercials it thought -- Hell for a full money back guarantee and what it promises i could try this.

Well i'm on day 3 of week 11. So far, i've lost over 15 lbs, went from a 38 waist down to a 34, and i'm stronger and healthier than i've ever been. I feel great too. I didn't take "before" photos because when i started day 1 i KNEW that i would be able to see a big change. I don't need photos for that. I'm a guy, and i chose "lean". It's hard... really hard sometimes, but if you work through it and give it your all each time, you can't go wrong. I recommend getting their results and recovery formula too. I didn't use that the first couple times and i felt aweful the next day, but after getting it, i felt 100 percent better after the workouts. This is no joke but you've got to really give it your time and effort. Like Tony says, "dont' just arbitrarily do the moves", really bring it and it's gonna be a great ride. i can't wait till week 13. Heck, i might even do it all over.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found your blog when searching for p90x blogs. I start Monday and I'm LOVING reading all of the blogs about it. I'm sure it will go a long way to keep me motivated and encouraged and accountable!