Thursday, January 31, 2008

John Cleese Was A Plyo Superstar!

I mean he must have been! Doing our first plyometrics the morning after our first Legs and Back out of the gate was an... interesting idea. I still have trouble walking up and down stairs. And early on in the workout, when we reached the silly walk segment, I thought "Oh, this isn't going to be too tough!" Ha! I was a bit wrong.

Four silly strides into our silly walks and I was definitely feeling it. And that was quite early on in the workout, too. Nonetheless, it was a great workout. We both really enjoyed it, and felt we got a great full body workout, with perhaps a tad more of an emphasis on the legs - quite suitable for our goals.

I'd also recommend this workout as an all purpose stand alone video - can be combined with any other type of workout program you're doing and especially great if you play sports... keeps you quick on your toes, like a cat! Good stuff.

2 comments:

mjs said...

yeah when i saw your revised p90x regimen i wondered about legs/back next to plyo.

it is an intense workout. i am now doing p90x plus and there is work out called, predictably enough, Interval X plus which while not quite as bone rattling as plyo it can be equally gut churning because while plyo is basically all legs the Interval X plus uses arms and back in addition to legs.

good times.

Hoosier Daddy said...

I did legs and back for the first time Friday and my butt and thighs are still sore as heck. I don't think I was this sore after my first century ride.

Needless to say I passed on Kenpo yesterday. Just climbing the stairs is an effort.

But its a good kinda hurt!