Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reality hits the mat with you

Starting over is not the easiest thing.  I've moved from an apartment to a room,  I'm thinking of leaving a fairly secure job, family may require me to leave my favorite city for one that's blech in comparison. Why is it all of those seem easier than putting my mind to dropping pounds and increasing fitness?

My demons chasing the reality of rebuilding fitness:

This feels like hell > > > Hey, guess what feels like hell? Being older, stiffer and losing capability.

I used to be able to do all this stuff so easily > > > So get there already.

This is silly, all this effort. "No one dies of physical fitness"! > > > Shut up and Spin, dummy.

That chick on the machine next to me...she's working harder. She thinks I'm lame. > > > You are lame, right up to the moment you kick it into a higher gear. Cut your own path.

The reality is: It is harder, fitness wanders off unless you keep it close, and yeah, pretty much anyone could kick your ass if they wanted to.

But do it because it's harder. Keep it close because your body is a damn good friend. And cheer on any woman you see sweating it up - the other unfortunate reality is, bouncing off the Fat Wall happens more often to us than it needs to.  Be the change....be the change...

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I totally know how you feel. I'm dealing with the same frustration, too. I'm just coming off a running hiatus and have to face that I can't run as fast as I used to, I can't recover as quickly as I used to, and I'm just not as strong as I used to be. It's disheartening and at times I find it really hard to even get myself out there. But you're so right. We need to keep fitness close! And we need to do it because it's hard.

Good luck on your continuing fitness journey. I'm glad you're back and posting =)